TREETOPS LODGE & ESTATE
TREETOPS LODGE & ESTATE
Nestled in 2,500 acres of 800 year old native forest, this award-winning luxury lodge is a life-long dream realized by owner and passionate naturalist John Sax. This uniquely New Zealand experience is a sanctuary and retreat of breath-taking terrain, offering the ultimate in world-class accommodation and adventure.
Reopening in September 15 after a main lodge refurbishment. The lodge is Located outside Rotorua, the Maori heartland and trout fishing capital of the world, the Lodge’s elegant, ecology-inspired and architectural style was derived from the country’s pioneering past, with timber and stone finished echoing the natural beauty and simplicity of the great outdoors. Treetops offer seven streams, on-site trout fishing, four lakes and over 35 miles of adventure trails. Family adventures include helicopter adventures to live volcanoes, geocaching hunts and for the smaller guests a 5 Star Kids Club.
New are the complimentary Treetops Signature Experiences; ‘Estate to Plate’ Safari, Wild Food Cooking School, and the Indigenous Food and Heritage Trail - all offering unequaled personal interaction with the natural heritage and native wilderness. Our dedicated spa offers unique health-giving Maori rituals and traditional treatments, or for golfers, Treetops extends a personal invitation to their sister lodge, The Kinloch Club which boasts the 18 hole Jack Nicklaus designed golf course.
Indicative Rates: Lodge Room / Apartment Villa starting from NZ$798 (Low Season) NZ$1550 (High Season) | Owners Retreat starting from NZ$1302 (Low Season) NZ$2185 (High Season) | Pheasant Cottage starting from NZ$534 (Low Season) NZ$725 (High Season)
- 2017 : Conde Nast BRIDES,Top 10 Asia - Pacific
- 2017 : Winner World Luxury Travel Awards - Best Wilderness Australasian Luxury Lodge
- 2017 : Travellers Choice Award
- 2016 : Elite Magazine, USA - Top 10 Family Resorts in the World
- 2016 : TripAdvisor Travellers Choice Winner
- 2015 : Conde Nast Traveler, USA BEST Top 100 Resorts - Readers Choice
- 2014 : Finalist Luxury Travel Magazine - Best Eco Resort
- 2012 : Winner World Travel Awards – New Zealand’s Leading Luxury Lodge
- 2011 : Finalist World Travel Awards – Australasia’s Responsible Tourism Award
- 2011 : Finalist World Travel Awards – New Zealand’s Leading Luxury Lodge
- 2010 : Finalist World Travel Awards – Australasia’s Responsible Tourism Award
- 2010 : Finalist World Travel Awards – New Zealand’s Leading Luxury Lodge
- 2010 : Conde Nast USA Gold List
- 2009 : Travel + Leisure USA Reader Award
- 2009 : Conde Nast USA Gold List
- 2009 : Travel + Leisure’s World’s Greatest Hotels, Resorts + Spas
- 2008 : Travel + Leisure USA Reader Award
- 2008 : Conde Nast USA Gold List
- Helicopter in Treetops own Squirrel, six seater - to walk on White Island, New Zealand’s most active volcano, and then to see the stunning colours of Mount Tarawera
- Cruise Lake Tarawera, catch a fish, lunch on board, visit private bays, swim in one of the clearest fresh water lakes in the country
- Fly Fishing and 4WD Safaris Back Country – a guide takes you to fish rainbow and brown trout. Enjoy lunch riverside with a Treetops picnic
- Choose one, complementary daily, from ‘Treetops Signature Experiences’ of award winning authentic on-estate activities; ’Estate to Plate Safari’, ‘Indigenous Food Trail’, ‘Wild Food Cooking School’ or ‘4 Wheel Drive Safari’.
- Treetops own Kiwi Encounter – learn about New Zealand’s national bird and how conservation is increasing the population of this iconic native bird
- Ride with a guide to see red stag, fallow and Sika deer close up, and on to the Bridal Veil Waterfall
- Walk one of the 70 km of self-guided walks on the Treetops Estate with detailed maps and nature guides plus a GPS radio to keep you in touch
- Golf at the Treetops owned, Jack Nicklaus designed Golf club - The Kinloch Club
- Experience a traditional Maori massage at the dedicated new 'Rituals' Treetops spa and afterwards soak in the thermal waters in one of our 'under the forest canopy' outdoor hot tubs.
- Your very own possum fur blanket from the Treetops Lodge boutique
- Handcrafted, turned Rimu, Totara or Kauri wood bowls by local artisans
- An authentic Kauri wood sculpture by Wayne Ross.
- With Certificate of Authenticity and catalogue number