THE KINLOCH CLUB
THE KINLOCH CLUB
Opened January 2016, The Kinloch Club Golf Resort offers irresistible new heights of golfing escape to discerning lovers of natural beauty and of cutting-edge design – complementing a spectacular, on-site 18-hole Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Cours voted #1 Golf Course in New Zealand by a select team of PGA reviewers.
"Having just played Kinloch for the first time I can honestly say this is the number one golf course in New Zealand. For those unable to play the great links courses of Scotland, Kinloch compares with the best of them. A true Links experience with Jack Nicklaus at his best" - Sir Bob Charles.
Created by the much-awarded Treetops Lodge and Estate, The Kinloch Club Golf Resort features sparkling one-bedroom and two-bedroom villas in an exclusive, landscaped setting on the shores of Lake Taupo, the scenic hub of New Zealand’s North Island.
Inspired to harmonize with the magnificent 18-hole lakeside links by Jack Nicklaus, the villas are designed by Andrew Patterson, perhaps New Zealand’s best internationally known and published architect. Interiors are skilled by Virginia Fisher, THE New Zealand lodge designer, and feature her signature expansive spaces, huge log fireplaces, vista windows, stunning designer details, furnished terraces and sensational marble bathrooms.
Villas include beautiful kitchens for private moments and in the Lodge there is a world-class restaurant with separate bar. Complementing the sporting of the magnificent golf course is a spa with treatment rooms, an awesome infinity pool (opening later in 2016), a gym and tennis courts. The Club is also an unequaled new choice for weddings, conferences, private golf tournaments and very much more.
There's much more to do than teeing off. The Kinloch Club is the perfect base to discover the incredible scenic and recreational diversity of New Zealand, from all water sports and summer skiing on the lake to winter skiing in Tongariro Park or walking the world-famed Tongariro Crossing. There’s seasonal fly-fishing in some of the world’s best trout streams - even adventurous wild game hunting. Gentle sightseeing includes the geysers and bubbling mud of Rotorua, heritage heartland of Maoridom.
More about The Kinloch Club Course:
The only Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course to be built in New Zealand, Kinloch showcases a design philosophy that aims to enhance the natural environment – allowing the surroundings of the stunning Taupo region to shape each hole. A Signature Jack Nicklaus designed eighteen holes is voted one of the top 10 golf courses in the world most described by the prestigious US Travel & Leisure Magazine.The only course outside of North America to be included in this exclusive international list, Kinloch Golf Course provides a true Links experience that will keep you coming back for more.
Nicklaus uses natural features to enhance shot values so that golfers can work on every aspect of their game – an approach that has earned him an enviable reputation.
The Kinloch Club was ranked #1 course in New Zealand by Andrew Whiley, PGA of NZ Golf Professional. Ranking was assisted by 22 respondents from PGA of NZ Golf Professionals, Tour Professionals (including Greg Turner, Michael Hendry, Grant Moorhead, Richard Lee and Fraser Wilkin), leading Golf Club Professionals, two top women golfers, top golf course Superintendents and some informed golfers. This is a true overall ranking of New Zealand golf courses from New Zealand industry leaders.
Indicative Rates: Suites from NZ$1700 (high season) and NZ$956 (low season). Villas from NZ$2570 (high season) and NZ$1762 (low season)
- 2017 : Nominee - World Golf Awards, Best New Zealand Golf Course
- Taupo from the air – fly over Tongariro National Park, Mt Tarawera, Huka Falls and Lake Taupo in a float plane, taking off and landing in the water
- Watch the surging Aratiatia Rapids featured in The Hobbit movie
- Taupo’s wildnerness – hire a professional guide and explore the surrounding alpine landscapes from some of the best walks and hiking trails in the world
- White Island’s unique geological formations – fly by helicopter and take a guided walk across the crater floor of White Island, New Zealand’s only active marine volcano
- The stunning surrounds of The Kinloch Club – walk the perimeter of the golf course and take in the enthralling scenery of this idyllic retreat
- Craters of the Moon – feel the heat of the earth and see the boiling mud at this thermal wonderland
- Play a round of golf at the only Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course in New Zealand - at The Kinloch Club.
- A relaxing sports therapy body treatment from the Spa at Kinloch or an aromatherapy treatment from our ‘Organic’ range of wellness treatments, to ease your body and mind.
- One of the thrilling multi-generation activities available in this playground of outdoor activities; hike the Tongariro Alpine Crossing mountain bike or hike the nearby Kinloch to Whakaipo Bay track or take a thrilling jet boat ride and get up close to the Huka falls. Kick your shoes off, strip down to your bathers and swim in the beautiful clear water of Lake Taupo just a 10 minute stroll from the lodge, (hint) find the thermal waters dotted around the lake if you can
- Visit out sister lodge, Treetops Lodge in Rotorua – try one of their 5 Signature Experiences, ‘The Maori Food Trail’, ‘Wild Food School’, ‘Estate to Plate Safari’, ‘Rituals’ Indigenous Spa treatments or a ‘5 Star Kids Wilderness Experience’
- A fishing license to try your luck at hooking a trout, you might just catch that big one!
- A memorable dining experience at Kinloch Lodge matched with a bottle of award-winning New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc
- The services of an on-course PGA professional to guide you through the tough challenges on Kinloch Club Signature Golf Course
- A coffee in Taupo’s vibrant café scene and admire the picturesque scene of Lake Taupo in front of you