St Marys Residence
St Marys Residence
A heritage, harbour-view private retreat with guaranteed exclusive occupancy, whether for one guest or up to six, offering privacy and security in fully serviced, incredibly elegant, spacious indoor-outdoor luxury of the greatest urban style. St Mary’s Residence is the discerning traveller’s secure alternative to a boutique hotel, five-star hotel suite or penthouse apartment.
Comprehensive concierge, butler and private chef services plus diet-compliant gourmet breakfasts, premium selected New Zealand wine and craft beer personal bar, and gourmet snack pantry. Private guest land line and secure ultra fast wireless broadband.
Perfectly positioned in one of the Southern Hemisphere’s most stylish cities, with fabulous harbour views and easy access to the CBD, smart shopping and entertainment, sporting facilities, extraordinary restaurants with astonishing wines and incomparable city, harbour or rural adventure and relaxation.
Opened in November 2014 in one of Auckland’s premier historic suburbs, St Marys Residence offers the quintessential best of Auckland’s relaxed al fresco lifestyle in a beautifully appointed haven of chic, contemporary accommodation. Luxuriously decorated by renowned interior designer, Anna Desbonnets, here Ralph Lauren and The Hamptons meet Auckland’s Asian and Pasifika influences to create seamless indoor/outdoor barefoot luxury of the highest design and deepest comfort.
A calming colour palette throughout creates a welcoming ambience, encouraging guests to recharge and revitalise as they lounge and dine overlooking the harbour, cooled by gentle ocean breezes, or warmed by an outdoor fireplace at dusk.
Pacific Ocean Master Suite plus Courtyard Garden Suite and Companion Room on separate levels for accompanying family, friends or support staff.
The generous spaces of the suites are further complemented by fabulous furnished terraces and manicured gardens, plus a spacious Great Room and intimate Media Room/Den, making St Marys Residence also an incomparable setting for High-Style receptions and dinners, impressive business meetings and for the controlled private TV, radio and press access required by celebrities and sporting stars.
The overall sense of luxurious spaciousness is enhanced by stellar views of the Waitemata Harbour and its many islands, graceful arch of Auckland Harbour Bridge, Rangitoto Island’s bush-clad volcanic cone and iconic Sky Tower, creating a serene but energising backdrop for incomparable, privileged serenity.
Full discrete concierge and butler service provided within tariff.
Unique single-party use of 341 sq m (3,670 sq ft) of indoor and outdoor seclusion.
Fully gated with electronic entry and monitored security and fire alarm systems. Secure double-car garaging and discreet internal access ensure privacy, exclusivity and seclusion. Elite personal-protection personnel and security-trained drivers can be arranged, additional charges apply.
St Marys Residence’s single-party reservation policy ensures complete privacy and confidentiality for two guests in the master suite with an additional two in the Courtyard Garden Suite. The Companion Room sleeps two. A guaranteed one-day downtime between reservations ensures complete readiness and compliance with advised personal preferences.
Indicative Rates: From NZD $3,450.00 per night
- A virtual marine playground! Explore the 35 islands and sparkling waters of Waitemata Harbour and the Hauraki Gulf with an exhilarating overview of Auckland from air, enjoy the comfort of a Euro copter EC 130 - explore dual coastlines, stunning virgin forests, spectacular black and white sand beaches and uninhabited wildlife sanctuary islands. Visit an island winery for lunch before returning to the Residence for sundowners.
- Toi o Tamaki: Auckland Art Gallery features Goldie’s famous Maori portraits and major holdings of New Zealand historic, modern and contemporary art, plus important works by Māori and Pacific Island artists, as well as international painting, sculpture and print collections.
- The Penny Whiting Sailing School: Enjoy premium exclusive sailing experience, one-on-one, with Penny, one of New Zealand’s leading sailing experts. Sail or cruise the waters of the Pacific Ocean in the spectacular Hauraki Gulf for the day or overnight, your choice.
- Our Private Chef and Luc Desbonnet, the Winemaker at Frenchmans Hill Estate, creates the best of regional produce dining experiences with matched award-winning New Zealand wines exclusively for guests dining at the Residence.
- Take a private floatplane over the picturesque Auckland waters for a wine tasting at Man o' War vineyard on Waiheke Island, before heading to Frenchmans Hill Estate to enjoy the plat du jour, more beautiful wines and a guided tour of the vineyard, including the history of the terroir and its Maori heritage.
- Our Lifestyle Concierge has access to the chef’s table at the best of Auckland’s award-winning restaurants - French Cafe, Clooney, Sidart, Meredith’s, The Grill and The Sugar Club, ensuring an amazing bespoke dining experience at Auckland’s premium restaurants.
- Three minutes from the Residence are the Cremorne and Sentinel Reserves, small white sandy beaches, surrounded by century old native pohutukawa trees - find peace, tranquillity and enjoy a good book. Take a beautiful intimate picnic. Perfect for swimming. Private access to Golf at the nearby Royal Auckland, Grange and Formosa Golf Clubs. Heli transfer to the stunning Kauri Cliffs, Te Arai and Kinloch Clubs.
- Our Lifestyle Concierges are Art Aficionados: Experience a personalised guided tour of the Wallace Arts Trust Collection, curated by one of New Zealand's pre-eminent art patrons, Sir James Wallace. Private viewings at premium local galleries, including Ponsonby - Art & Object, Smyth, Ivan Anthony, Michael Lett, Black Asterisk, Gow Langsford and International Art Centre, showcasing New Zealand’s finest artistic and notable talent. Kieran Smyth will offer personalised tours of his world-class private art collection, showcasing influential NZ and global artists.
- Private viewings and personalised shopping at iconic, creative New Zealand fashion boutiques: Karen Walker, Trelise Cooper, WORLD, Kate Sylvester, Rebecca Taylor, TK range, Huffer and Icebreaker.
- Fine and artisan private viewing and personalised shopping of New Zealand jewellery - jade (greenstone) and unique Paua pearls in the colours of black opals.