A gracious, elegant and historic homestead located just 25 minutes to Napier and 15 minutes to Havelock North or Hastings. Ideally situated in the heart of New Zealand’s food and wine country, the Hawke’s Bay, with over 50 wineries, local farmers markets and organic produce stores nearby.
Greenhill Lodge is an opulent yet tranquil retreat, situated on a hilltop overlooking lush farm and grazing land. Having hosted English royalty this historic mansion houses five en-suite guest rooms, most of which open to wide verandas and sensational views over magnificent gardens with historic mature trees. Behind the lodge
lies a gymnasium, swimming pool and private orchard, herb and vegetable garden.
The Cottage, which offers space, privacy and spectacular rural views is accessed from a private driveway and apart from the main lodge,
is a perfect secluded hideaway for honeymooners or families with children. The Cottage has a comfortable lounge with an open fire, fully equipped kitchen,
two en-suite bathrooms, queen and twin bedrooms and an expansive deck with an outside bath.
Specialising in a wide range of customised wine and food excursions designed to provide authentic and personal experiences, Greenhill offers the best luxury lodge experience in Hawke’s Bay.
Indicative Rates: Rates start NZ$995 (high season) and NZ$790 (low season). Exclusive use from NZ$6064(high season) and NZ$4545(low season)
- Art Deco Napier, home of the National Aquarium of New Zealand
- Hawke’s Bay award winning wineries including Craggy Range, Clearview Estate, Trinity Hill and New Zealand’s oldest winery Mission Estate
- The world’s largest mainland breeding colony of Gannets located on Cape Kidnappers Te Mata Peak, the high point of Hawke’s Bay and an ideal location to experience a Maori Powhiri (welcome)
- A “Behind The Label” experience for wine lovers. Be taken on a ‘grape to glass’ journey through the wine making process and meet local wine making identities
- A “Cycles and Vines” wine experience. Using pedal power is a fun and eco-friendly way to explore the world renowned Gimblett Gravels wine region located on the doorstep of Greenhill lodge
- Step back in time with Bertie, Napier’s Art Deco Ambassador. See the Art Deco architectural delights of the region touring in Bertie’s 1934 Buick car
- See, touch, smell and taste the local food products of this bountiful region
- Visit local farmers markets, meet the local food artisans and experience their passion
- An original New Zealand painting by guest artist (featured at Greenhill)
- Sheepskins and sheepskin products (Classic Sheepskin Factory)
- Handcrafted chocolates (Silky Oak Chocolate Factory)
- Hawke’s Bay Wines shipped to your door (arranged by Greenhill wine guide)